Feb 23, 2013

Sketches Better Than Paintings

Sometimes I wonder if the sketches look better than the paintings. 


Trilobite Boy with Gargoyles - sketch.

Trilobite Boy with Gargoyles - complete. 

There's something about the scratchiness of it I don't usually retain in the finished pieces. That's why I think I'm enjoying drawing and then placing the original drawing over the digital painting on a multiply layer. I'm catching the scratchiness a bit better. 


Avimimus - pencil drawing.

Avimimus - painted using the Sketch Club app on my iPhone. 

- - - - - - - -


Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite © to Glendon Mellow
under Creative Commons Licence.

Portfolio
Blog
Print Shop

Find me on Symbiartic, the art+science blog on the Scientific American Blog Network!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...