Jan 15, 2013

Snowshoeing Hot Spots

There are some places that make you love snowshoeing. I call them Snowshoeing Hot Spots. I'm starting a list of snowshoe trails and spots I like. Some are flat and open. Some are steep and make me climb and hang onto ropes. Others make me duck under trees.

The views vary. All are awesome. Dense snow-laden forests, frozen lakes, open fields, and mountain trails and ridges.

Maybe you're like me and others I know who used to say, "Snowshoeing!? How boring! I'd rather ski!"

I'm a convert. Someone turned me onto snowshoeing. Thanks! I love it! And now, I'm doing the same. Turning others onto it. There are more and more of us on the snowshoe trails. Thankfully. We need friends to help tromp down all that snow and mark the trails. Breaking new trail is hard work in heavy snow!

It's amazing to witness the change in someone who once said, "Snowshoeing! How boring!"
Now I'm saying, "Hey, wait for me!",  in more and more places. Snowshoe converts are leaving me in the dust. But at least they wait for me along the way.

I still love skiing, but, there are days when I'm cross-country skiing and thinking, "I'd rather be snowshoeing." There are lots of Snowshoe Hot Spots. Here's to finding as many as we can.

Winter sports are great. Enjoy.

My next story is up on The Great Waterway, a cool Ontario Tourism website where I'm a regular blogger, if you'd like to check it out:

Snowshoeing Hot Spots in the 1000 Islands, Ontario

Happy trails! Stay warm and safe.
The BaffinPaddler
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...