Jan 9, 2013

Snowshoe to yoga: Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada

 When we reached the La Roche lookout overlooking Lac Monroe in Mont Tremblant National Park (Parc National du Mont Tremblant) after an hour and a half trek up the La Roche Trail in snowshoes, I said, "I'm going to do a little yoga up here."

A small group of snowshoers from New York State in the U.S. were up there too having a lunch break. They laughed, "Yoga in snowshoes?" It's a funny joke, right. But I wasn't kidding.

It is possible to strike a few yoga poses without removing the snowshoes. But, when it's -16 to -19 Celsius, the cameraman has to snap quickly before the fingers and the camera lens and battery freezes.

It's awesome! Snowshoeing and yoga. Both are powerful for body, mind, and soul. Combining the two, even better. One complements the other. I love my snowshoes. I love yoga. I love great views. You can have it all. It's my first snowshoe to yoga, but not my last.
Enjoy your winter snowshoes and yoga sessions in awe-inspiring spots with a view.

Happy trails!
The BaffinPaddler
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...