Dec 1, 2012

The best sunsets

When the sun sets, it says goodby, slowly but surely, it sets below the horizon as the Earth rotates.

It rises in the east and sets in the west. The sun helps us find our way.  We love the sunrise and the sunset, but what is a more popular topic for romance and emotive images . . . ?

Most of us sleep through the sunrise and have more opportunities to see the sunset.

Just after an awesome sunset, we are rewarded with those fleeting magic moments of pink and purple twilight. 

It's our last peek at the day and the world before darkness falls.

I like experiencing the sunset and twilight best waterfront. Like most, I usually sleep through sunrise.

It's something that makes you pause, admire, and say, “Wow! I wish this could last longer.”

The best sunsets are the ones you experience

The image in this post is my favourite shot taken just after sunset in the 1000 Islands. After a good day spent on the water with a bunch of kayaks and paddle buddies, an awesome sunset and twilight easily takes the cake.

My next story is up about the spot where I found it on The Great Waterway, a cool Ontario Tourism website, where I'm a regular blogger if you'd like to check it out.

The sunset made better at Mallorytown Landing in the 1000 Islands

Happy sunsets!
The BaffinPaddler
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...