Dec 25, 2012

Happy Holidays from the BaffinPaddler

This is how I get rid of snow on my deck.

Then a big snowstorm dumped 30 more centimeters of snow December 21 onto the National Capital Region of Canada. Here's a picture of the same snow bear after only 15 centimeters fell for people who don't live in snow-infested regions and wonder, "How much snow is that?!" I'll need to make 20 snow bears to get rid of all this stuff that's on the deck, and snowshoes to get around the neighborhood trails :)

We are off to a fantastic start for winter sports. 
It looks like it's going to be a great season for skiing and snowshoeing. More on that later in the season.

Good news in the NCR, some trails in Gatineau Park, Quebec, Canada are groomed for skiing. With icy snow that got a dose or two of freezing rain, I love my mountaineering snowshoes for the snowshoe trails. But watch out for downed trees and drooping, snow-laden branches. 

Getting up early to do snow clearing for the birds has also paid off.

Happy Holidays from the BaffinPaddler
I wish you the best, today, tomorrow, and forever.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...