Jul 9, 2012

Testing the Wilderness Systems Tsunami 165 Sea Kayak

I'll be off this week kayak camping parts of the Rideau Canal in Ontario, Canada and testing a big plastic sea kayak, a mango Wilderness Systems Tsunami 165. It can hold a lot of gear! It's 16'6" long, 23.75 inches wide, and weighs 62 lbs!

It's a good fit for a mid to large size paddler.

I'm a smaller paddler at 125 lbs., and 5'6" tall, but I was easily able to adjust the seat and thigh braces inside the cockpit to suit my preferences.

We'll see how I do touring it 20-24 kilometers a day for a few days, loaded to the gills!

For multi-day kayak camping trips, I want more space for gear than my Boreal Baffin or Maelstrom Vital 166 can provide.

I'm just starting to test larger volume kayaks for camping trips.

I'll also be doing a Cowboy Scramble up the back deck of this ruddered boat and follow up with more news and stories at a later date.


Happy paddles!
The BaffinPaddler

Credits:

Thanks to Ottawa Paddle Shack for letting me test this kayak.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...