Mar 17, 2011

GREEN Pina Colada Waffles

Top o' the mornin' to ya!
 I know this is more Hawaiian than Irish, but hey, it's GREEN! This breakfast has become a family favorite since I was inspired by my friend, Josh @ joshlovesit.com. I used his recipe HERE for the coconut syrup, except I substituted the buttermilk and coconut oil for a can of coconut milk. I'm sure his version's awesome just as is... I just didn't have those ingredients on hand. Anyway, it's so frickin' yummy!
This would be an INSAAAANE dessert if you topped your waffle with ice cream, pineapple-carmel sauce, coconut shavings, your favorite toasted nuts, and let's not forget the coconut syrup! Oh, my.

Pineapple-Carmel sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 T. butter
Simmer in saucepan until syrupy. Add:
1 can sweetened-condensed milk
1 sliced fresh pineapple (it would be AWESOME if you grilled it first) or 1 lg can
(add green food coloring for St. Patrick's Day!)

Have an awesome day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...