Jan 11, 2011

Ana and her pet Opabinia

In the bit of time I have to sketch lately, I'm still working on characters and pages for my work-in-progress Trilobite Boy comic. 

Here's another character, a child named Ana and her pet Opabinia, Opie. I may rename Opie "Oscar" later, I haven't decided.  Opie feels too much like an "Iggy the Iguana" type of name.  The colours here are a quick rough-in just to experiment.  I may go with more of a greenish colour for the opabinia.

Ana and her pet invade Trilobite Boy's dreams, the alternate pasts he dreams about when he's enrolled. Shortly after she appears, Trilobite Boy wakes up. 






If you're unsure as to what an Opabinia is (or rather, was) you can check out some info on Wikipedia here. I love using creatures like this (come on - it has 5 eyes!) from Earth's deep past to populate a story.  

- - - - - - - - 


Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...