Aug 23, 2010

I have been sitting here staring at my computer screen for ten minutes trying to come up with adequate words to describe to you my dear friend Renee. But there just simply aren’t any words good enough. She emulates the heart of Christ more than anyone I have ever met. It is always a blessing to be in her presence and to call her my friend.

Renee lives with purpose. She is intentional about loving people with the love of Christ. She stops for one person and loves that person as if they were Christ Himself in her living room. She spends her days nurturing children who we all swear will surely die back to health, preparing awful smelling high calorie milk, and mopping vomit up off the floor and herself. And she doesn’t complain. Because she knows she is doing it for Jesus. My childhood hero was Mother Teresa. My today hero is Renee, because she might as well be Mother Teresa, just without the outfit and all the publicity. Renee is the kind of person I want to be when I grow up.

Nabakoza and Betty who I blogged about earlier are both in her care and because of that, and my trust in an incredible Savior, I have every reason to believe that they will not only survive, but thrive. Renee is daily doing the impossible, because she follows Jesus into situations that only He can get her out of. My children and I just love watching people come alive under her care.

Renee runs Serving His Children, a non profit ministry that predominantly rehabilitates severely malnourished children while also teaching the children’s mothers or family members to care for them. They visit these mothers both during and after the child’s stay at the SHC house. Most of these children are so sick because they live in remote villages where healthcare is inadequate, that is, if it is even available.. Because of this, Serving His Children does a lot of medical and HIV treatment in these villages.

All of this work requires a lot of traveling, as the villages are usually several hours away from Renee’s house. It requires a dependable vehicle that can handle the insanely bumpy dirt roads of Uganda that often turn into a swamp when it rains. My point: Renee needs a car. And good one. The kind we are looking for costs between 10 and 12 thousand dollars that Serving His Children currently just doesn’t have. All the resources that they do have are spent on food and medicine for these precious children that Renee cares for and their communities.

If I could, I would buy Renee a car tomorrow. But I am asking for your help. I cannot think of any organization I would rather give to, or any individual I would rather support. You can donate and learn more at www.servinghischildreninuganda.blogspot.com or www.servinghischildren.org or you can click that little button right there on the sidebar and donate here noting Renee’s car.

I can’t wait to see God move here…

Also, Nabakoza is improving TREMNDOUSLY. It is nothing short of a miracle, and no doubt due to Renee and Shana’s devoted, round the clock care and a God who more awesome than I can fathom. I am so blessed to call these incredible ladies two of my best friends!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...