May 23, 2010

Maelström Kayaks, Vital 166 - SOLD!


Yes, it got me! I got it!

I'll be posting more on Maelstrom Kayaks and following reviews and comments of other Maelstrom paddlers.

So send me your comments if you wish, good, bad or ugly at BaffinPaddler@hotmail.com. I won't publish any names or coordinates, I just want to see what the general hum is out there with these boats.

But if you do send me a cool pic of a Maelstrom, let me know if I can publish the pic on my blog.

We are the new kids on the block as these boats are fresh on the market.

I bought my Maelstrom Vital 166 at Ottawa Paddle Shack in May 2010. We need more choices of higher end models around here.

When will we see the Romany sea kayaks in our stores? I love the Romany S but can't find any around here in the National Capital Region of Canada (Ottawa/Ontario, Gatineau/Quebec) Cross fingers. Let's be greedy.

2012 update: Good news: Looks like Maelstromkayak will have some new kayak models coming out in 2012. I can't wait to see what they've got! But I will likely have to travel to Montreal, Quebec to hop into one - a 2 hour drive from where I live, but I will.

Sad news: Awesome kayak designers and manufacturer, Boreal Design declared bankruptcy in 2012. Boreal Design was manufacturing Maelstrom Kayaks, but according to the president of Maelstromkayak, they are still alive and well and will continue to do business. It will be an interesting story to follow. Especially for me. I own a Maelstrom Vital 166 and a Boreal Design Baffin. Great boats!

Happy paddling!
The BaffinPaddler
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...